Marlin is a cross-chain that, according to the developers, “solves the pressing problems at level 0” and provides high-performance programmable networking infrastructure for DeFi and Web 3.0. By optimizing the speed and scalability of the blockchain at the network level, Marlin aims to make decentralized applications indistinguishable from their Web 2.0 predecessors in performance.
POND is Marlin’s own utility token that performs functions such as:
- governance (POND token holders can vote on management decisions, including the use of funds in the treasury and network resource allocation)
- protocol incentives (users can earn POND tokens as a reward when they send or receive data on the Marlin network)
- stake (nodes must stake POND tokens to join and participate in the Marlin network).
Marlin Roadmap and Achievements
Marlin is a fairly new project that was created in 2020. The platform was developed to solve one of the most common problems that many blockchains deal with – data transfer speed.
The Marlin developers have already implemented much new, but there are no plans for the future in the official access yet. Nevertheless, every 2 weeks the developers publish their achievements on their blog. Let’s take a look at some of them that happened in 2021:
- In February, Marlin and Ankr teamed up to make DeFi trading more affordable and keep delays to a minimum.
- From April to May, the development team worked to bring Marlin repeaters to the Polkadot and Cosmos networks. This allows the operator of Marlin nodes to transmit data to the Polkadot and Cosmos networks, and the validators of these networks and full nodes launch the Marlin gateway to interact with the Marlin network.
- In June, Marlin allowed POND to be used for minting USDP due to Unit Protocol opening the provision and issuance of USDP over a wide range of protocols.
- In early August, Marlin launched OpenWeaver for Polygon and Flowmint 2.0. With OpenWeaver, block producers and full nodes send and receive large blocks with minimal latency, and DeFi traders, arbitrage and liquidation bots have immediate access to the transaction mempool.
- In late August, Marlin announced a partnership with Commonwealth Labs to decentralize decision making process. The Common Protocol provides a focused, cohesive and interactive digital environment where the Marlin community can discuss project improvement proposals and other relevant topics.
- In early October, the team launched a testnet for MEV (Miner-Extractable Value) on the Polygon network called Loki. It is designed to test mev-bor and packets sent through compatible relays.
Crypto community about POND
The Crypto community is waiting for an increase in the POND token price. Some crypto enthusiasts believe in the prosperity of this project.
POND Price Prediction 2021
POND Price Prediction 2022
As of 13/10/2021:
Analysts of the Tradingbeasts service suggest that the maximum price of the POND token in early 2022 could be $0.149, and at the end of the year it could rise to $0.239.
Walletinvestor experts believe that the POND token will start the year with a price of $0.150, and by the end of the year it may drop to $0.132.
According to DigitalCoinPrice, the average cryptocurrency price in the middle of the year will be $0.175, and by the end of the year – $0.170.
POND Price Prediction 2025
As of 13/10/2021:
Walletinvestor believes that the price of a token could fluctuate between $0.09 and $0.07 in 2025.
And DigitalCoinPrice makes a more optimistic POND price prediction. Here we can see that in 2025 the token price may reach $0.303 at the beginning of the year, and $0.275 at the end of the year.
POND Price Prediction 2030
As of 13/10/2021:
PricePrediction.net believes that the price of the POND token could reach $3.37 by 2030.
POND Historical Price Analysis
All time High: $0.3845 (Dec 21, 2020)
All time Low: $0.01902 (Jan 04, 2021)
At the beginning of its history, the POND token was traded for only $ 0.05.
In February 2021, after Marlin announced its partnership with Ankr, the price of the token skyrocketed to $0.19.
At the end of March 2021, the price of the token rose to $0.26 after the partner sale with Cere Network was announced.
In early April 2021, the price increased to $0.28 per token. Then it began to gradually decline and reached $0.12 at the end of April.
After announcing a collaboration with Cosmos and Polkadot, the price has risen to $0.21.
By the end of May, the price of the POND token fell back to $0.04. Then it began to grow smoothly and from late May to mid-June the price fluctuated between $0.11 and $0.09. Then it again dropped to $0.05 and until the beginning of September was kept at a level between $0.07 and $0.09. After listing on Bitvavo exchange in early September, the price of the token rose to $0.15.
In conclusion, we can say that the Marlin project is aimed at establishing communication between peer devices in the network, by optimizing the connection between nodes. Over the past year, a lot has been developed by the platform and its team. The project continues to develop and aims to flourish in the cryptocurrency market.
SimpleSwap reminds you that this article is provided for informational purposes only and does not provide investment advice. All purchases and cryptocurrency investments are your own responsibility.